F&B Service MCQs
NOTE: The answers of the questions below will be discussed on our Discussion Group.
It will be updated here soon.
1. In a formal function, the toast master announces the toast after the service of ________ course.
- Main Course
2. Total space reserved for dining area
- 20 to 30 %
- 40 to 60 %
- 30 to 40 %
- 80 to 90 %
3. In a formal banquet, one food server can serve
- 8 to 10 covers
- 2 to 4 covers
- 1 to 2 covers
- 12 to 14 covers
4. A banquet contract of agreement is signed between
- Client and the Host
- Banquet Management and the Client
- Host and the Toast master
- Toast master and Banquet Management
5. Reduction of production cost is an
- Objective of good layout
- Factors while planning a restaurant
- Macro Environment
- Menu Analysis
6. "Butter must be butter, not margarine". The said statement best suits which menu planning objectives
- Menu must be cost effective
- Menu must attain marketing objectives
- Menu must be accurate
- Menu must bring guest back
7. Pieces of furniture that are joined to make a stage
- Banquet Tables
8. In a formal function, catering after the main course service what are removed from the table?
- Cruet set, Napkins, Butter dish
- Bread basket, Cruet set, Water goblet
- Cruet set, Bread basket, Butter dish
- Dessert Cutleries, Bread basket, Napkins
9. A stage banquet is an example of
- Semi Formal Banquet
- Formal Banquet
- Informal Banquet
- Casual Banquet
10. For a cocktail reception, a bartender can serve upto
- 20 guests
- 30 guests
- 35 guests
- 50 guests
11. _______ microphone is attached to the lapel of the speaker to allow free hand movement
12. Understanding of the fonts, styles and copy used on a menu is
- Menu sales mix
- Menu analysis
- Menu merchandise
- Menu planning
13. A function to meet people, make new friends, entertain oneself is a _______ function.
- Formal function
- Informal function
- Public relations
- Social function
14. _______ is a stand upon which a speaker may rest notes or books.
15. Space allocated per person is sq. feet for a spacious, elegant restaurant
16. Flexibility of use, design of the restaurant, durability and type of service offered are
- Points to consider when buying restaurant equipment
- Factors influencing menu planning
- Objectives of a good layout
- Points while planning a dining area
17. Which of the following is the most junior member of the brigade.
- Demi-chef de rang
- The commis debarrasseur
18. PFA stands for ______
- Post Function Analysis
- Pre Function Area
- Pre Fund Analysis
- Pre F&B Assessment
19. Which equipment is used to keep food hot on a buffet?
- Chafing dish
- Sizzling plate
- Gueridon trolley
- Wooden chopping board
20. Banquet is delivered from the French word, Baunc, meaning
21. A function prospectus is floated with
- FBM & FOM
- EHK & Chef
- Controller, Engineer & Security
- All of the above
22. Area allowance per person for a Theater Style set up is
- 8 to 9 sq. ft.
- 1 to 2 sq. ft.
- 10 to 20 sq. ft.
- 2 to 3 sq. ft.
23. ______ explains the menu to F&B personnel before a banquet event.
- Banquet Manager
- Restaurant Manager
24. Space allocated for Kitchen
25. Size of a round table for 8 pax in diameter